What If I Need A Good Thesis Statement For A Research Paper?
When the teacher grades your paper and he or she can’t tell what the essay is about or what the author is trying to prove, this is not a good thing. There is a sentence, or several sentences, which will guide the direction of the essay. These tools will mention the main points of the piece. If you need help with this job, we can assist you.
Tips, Hints, and Suggestions for the Research Paper Thesis Statement
- It can be one or several sentences-it should be about 1-4 sentences long. Young writers tend to do the job in one sentence. By the end of college, some are up to a paragraph long.
- It needs to be general-it needs to be a general idea; the specifics will come later in the composition.
- Watch the technical language-the language used should be say to understand by the average audience, this is not the part of the piece where you want to start defining words and jargon
- Make it error free-because it is one of the first things that the audience will read, it should be free or grammar and spelling errors, you want to make a good impression
- It needs to make sense-what you want to say and what you might say are not always the same thing. Read it to a friend or family member to see if they understand what you are trying to say.
- Don’t be afraid to change it-do not be afraid to change any of the main ideas if they are not working. You want a very strong sentence to guide your essay.
- Location in the paragraph-technically it can be placed anywhere in the first paragraph. I like to put it either as the first sentence or the last sentence. That way you are either opening or closing the introduction with your intention.
- Main idea order within the sentence-the main ideas will be mentioned within the sentence or sentences. If there is a weaker idea, than the others, place it between the two stronger ideas. Never start or finish the sentence with a weak idea.
- Other items with it-within the introduction; there will be other items, than the statement. The paragraph will also have background information and it will have an attention getter. Use transitions as you move from each part to the next part.
© 2017 LearningHappensHere.com. All rights reserved. | Handy Hints For Writing Research And Term Paper