6 Main Elements Of A Good Term Paper For High School
High school students have a syllabus which endeavors to ready the kids for harder studies in future. Thus, every complicated thing that they will encounter in coming years is placed in the syllabus, if only in a rudimentary manner. The same goes for term papers.
Demands of a term paper
High school students are not exactly expected to conduct surveys to expound the truth about the topic at hand. What they are expected is to do full justice to the topic; showing a clean hand with research and analysis. Of course, much depends on the subject the term paper relates to. History, geography, Social Science and Literature offer greater scopes for analysis than exact science.
Here are 6 main elements that a good high school term paper should boast of -
- It should cover the topic specifically – The term paper should not be frilly; it should stick to the topic in the main. The topics, at any rate, are not too complicated and are relevant to today’s times, so it is not hard to research on the topic. The logic is not to flow with the tide.
- It should explain the existing parameters – Suppose the term paper is about gender inequality; then it should present the position of women in all spheres; rural, urban and metro. The same logic holds good for all topics.
- It should stick to the basics – The formatting; writing flow, research; emphasis; sequence, all should be abided by. The student should take special care not to go off the mark on these basics or it will ruin the effect.
- It should have an original perspective – While it is not wrong to derive inspiration from other’s works; the total work should essay your perspective on the topic. Suggest where the wheels have moved wrongly; how the infrastructure should have been carved. Glaze your work with originality; it automatically gathers quality.
- It should enlighten readers – The student should try to find cognizant solutions within the realms of the topic. It should bring a fresh take perspective and knowledge about the topic so that the reader feels privileged on reading it. To sum it, it should not be another run-of-the-mill story.
- It should be thoroughly proofread – High school students often get too exhausted with term papers and do not spare much time on proofreading. This attitude needs to be avoided. A quality paper is free of errors and wears a smooth and cultured look.
© 2017 LearningHappensHere.com. All rights reserved. | Handy Hints For Writing Research And Term Paper