Seven Tips For Writing A Good Research Paper Introduction
Every time you write a research paper, you worry about the same thing: how can you make it more appealing for your classmates. You know perfectly that if you want to gain more readers, you have to create an amazing introduction for your composition. Of course, this is not the easiest thing to do, especially if you don’t have enough experience. The good news is that if you pay attention, you can create a brilliant composition.
- State your topic from the very beginning. No reader wants to wait until the middle of your composition to find out what are you writing about. Make sure that your subject is clear for anyone.
- Why did you choose it? This is also something that you can mention in the first lines. If it was not a requirement from your professor, write what attracted you in this subject. You may convince your classmates to find out more about this, so they will gain a benefit from your research paper.
- Don’t use complicated terms. It is clearly not the right moment to do this, because you would have to explain them. Keep this for the body of your composition if you want to be truly professional and appreciated by your professor.
- Don’t make it too long. The beginning of your text should not be longer than two paragraphs. If you do write more than this, the entire composition will be confusing for the readers; where does the instruction end and where does the body of the composition begin?
- Present a possible outcome. You don’t have to reveal everything from the first lines, but you need to allow the reader to know what to expect. What are you hoping to achieve with this composition? What is the purpose of it?
- Discuss about some research methods that you are planning to use. This can be interesting for some of your classmates and it can determine them to continue reading. Of course, as I previously said, you don’t have to say everything in the very beginning.
- Make it engaging. This is the key to have a successful composition. You have to write in a challenging way, to make your readers eager to know more. You can achieve this by keeping some details secret, like the author that you will mention in the body of the text.
© 2017 LearningHappensHere.com. All rights reserved. | Handy Hints For Writing Research And Term Paper